Friday, August 28, 2009

warning: may cause gluttony

Move over, Julia Child. My friend Mimi and I, in a fit of domesticity, made the most delicious banana bread. I'm not sure how someone could even call this a breakfast food-it had so much butter and chocolate, it was (almost) a crime. My favorite moment: Mimi takes a bite and says, "I know this might sound bad, but this would be even better...without the bananas." So much for that fruit serving.

The recipe calls for:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 very ripe bananas
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 cup choc chips
3/4 cup walnut pieces

Butter and flour 9x5x3 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and add to mashed bananas, yogurt, vanilla, and beaten egg. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in separate bowl. Mix wet and dry ingredients, add walnuts and chocolate, and scoop into pan. Bake for 70 minutes, let cool for 20 minutes. Voila!

Taken from the cookbook How To Boil Water (I know, I know).

No comments: